Now that you’re well-rested, prepared and at the designated location a little early – there are a few things to keep in mind once you’re actually in the thick of things. Here’s what to do during an interview:
- Answer the question that was asked.
- Shake the interviewer’s hand.
- Let the interviewer show you your chair – now is the time to be submissive, so as to not offend the interviewer.
- Say “Yes,” not “Yeah.”
- Take a second before answering a question to show you are putting some thought into your answer.
- Take notes.
- Let your achievements speak for you.
- Ask questions, including asking for a full description of the type of work that you will be doing.
- Keep eye contact.
- Be yourself.
- Start with conversation topics that you are comfortable with. This will allow you to direct the interview to a certain degree and present yourself in a positive light.
Now that you know what to do during an interview, that brings us to our list of…